December 6, 2013.....Looking for an actor.....
1. He was not born in this country. He's British.
2. For a two-year period in the 90s, he was married to a well-known actress.
3. He's a very talented actor who has the ability to change like a chameleon depending on his role.
Answer: Gary Oldman
He was married to Uma Thurman from 1990 to 1992.
December 5, 2013........Looking for a TV personality.....
1. A few years back, People Magazine had him on the list of the "Sexiest Men Alive".
2. Through marriage, he is related to a famous fashion designer.
3. Taking into consideration his family background, it's hard to believe, but true that he once worked for Fox News.
Answer: Chris Cuomo
He is the youngest son of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo and the younger brother of New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo.
He is the brother-in-law to fashion designer Kenneth Cole.
December 4, 2013......Looking for an actress.....
1. She smokes. She's left-handed, and her middle name is Valerie, but she never uses it.
2. At one point, this Emmy Award-winner was one of THEE highest paid TV actresses.
3. Known more for her comedic roles as opposed to straight dramatic roles, she is often cast as the ditzy blonde.
Answer: Lisa Kudrow
December 3, 2013........Looking for an event......
1. It only happened once in this country and it lasted more than ten years.
2. It's pretty safe to say that on a grand scale, it'll probably never happen again.
3. However, in one state, this event does still occur for one day every year.
It ran from 1920 until 1933.
In South Carolina, the sale of alcohol is prohibited on Election Day.
December 2, 2013......Looking for a type of establishment.......
1. Overall, the public's view of this type of establishment is not good.
2. Generally, this type of establishment falls into one of three catagories.
3. Because of the nature of what they do, this type of establishment is pretty much operational 24/7.
Answer: Nursing Home
There are three different types of nursing homes...the intermediate care facilty, the assisted-living facility and the skilled nursing facility.
November 27, 2013.......Looking for a company/business........
1. They got their start in the early 1900s in Maryland.
2. The name of the company is the name of a person.
3. We have one here in Fredericksburg.........in Central Park.
Answer: Joseph A. Bank
November 25, 2013......Looking for a profession.....
1. Actually, it's doubtful anyone who does this makes a living at it. More than likely, it's a sideline.
2. You can't really learn it. It requires a talent. You either have it or your don't.
You often see them at street fairs and theme parks.
November 21, 2013.........Looking for a singer.....
1. He is not country. He has been around for a long time and over the years, he has won more than 15 Grammy Awards.
2. His signature song is about a city.
3. His concerts are very "no-frills". There's no stage set, no visual effects, no lighting schemes.........just him and his band,
His signature song is "I Left My Heart In San Francisco"
November 20, 2013........Looking for a publication.......
1. Published once a month, it is the largest publication OF IT'S KIND in the world with about 20 million readers per month.
2. They also have a website which averages about 38 million hits per month.
3. About 4 years ago, it spun off a children's version of the publication.
Answer: Men's Health
In 2009, "Men's Health" spun off "Children's Health".
November 18, 2013.........Looking for a TV series......
1. This series has been on the air on American Public Television since the mid-1970s.
2. To name just a few of the people who have appeared on the show over the years...Trace Adkins, Clint Black, Dierks Bentley, Glen Campbell, Mary Chapin Carpenter and many, many more.
3. The title of the show has the name of a city in it.
Answer: Austin City Limits
November 15, 2013.......Looking for an invention.....
1. This invention was developed in the late 1940s by a Swiss electrical engineer.
2. It's made up of 2 components. One is pretty much useless without the other.
3. NASA has made very good use of this invention.
Answer: Hook-And-Loop Fastener (more commonly referred to by the name of the company that first commercially manufactured and marketed the invention. The name of that company is "Velcro").
In the near weightless conditions in orbit, NASA uses Velcro to temporarily hold objects and keep them from floating away.
November 14, 2013........Looking for a company (retailer)
1. They got their start in the mid-1950s in Kansas and specialize in selling a particular line of products at discounted prices.
2. They recently expanded into other countries including Barbados, Jamaica, Phillippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
3. Overall, they have over 4,500 locations. There are two here in Fredericksburg, one in Stafford.
Answer: Payless Shoes
November 13, 2013....Looking for a TV personality....
1. This Washington D.C. boy was teased as a youngster for wearing bowties to school......but he still wears them.
2. He hosted is own cable TV show for 5 years.
3. Three letters make up his last name.
Answer: Bill Nye, The Science Guy
November 11, 2013........Looking for an actor.....
1. There's always been some question about this Oscar-winning, New Jersey boy's sexuality, and he really doesn't like discussing it in public.
2. In the late 70s, he tried his hand at stand-up comedy and did fairly well with it. He is capable of doing some dead-on impressions of James Stewart, Johnny Carson, Katherine Hepburn, Clint Eastwood, Marlon Brando, Christopher Walken and Jack Lemmon.
3. About 6 years ago, he met with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. What they discussed was never made public.
Answer: Kevin Spacey
November 8, 2013.......Looking for a singer/songwriter/musician........
1. This Grammy Award-winner is a rough, tough chick. She was tending bar with her mother at the age of 14. She dropped out of school after eighth grade. While IN school, she was constantly involved in fights.
2. By her own admission, she is "loud, obnoxious and crazy".
3. She is a Republican and at one point, sang the National Anthem at the Republican National Convention.
Answer: Gretchen Wilson
She sang the National Anthem at the Republican National Convention on September 3, 2008.
July 31, 2013........Looking for an organization........
1. This international organization got it's start in the late 1940s and is headquartered in Switzerland.
2. This organization employs about 8,500 people in almost 150 different countries. You cannot work for them if you smoke.
3. They are financed by member countries (we're one of them) and also by privare donors. Last year, the United States contributed $110 million.
Answer: WHO - World Health Organization
November 19, 2013....Looking for an actress......
1. She's a vegetarian, but she is also a heavy smoker.
2. She's left-handed, but learned to write with her right hand in order to accurately portray one of her most famous roles, which won her an Oscar.
3. At one point, she was one of THEE top-earning actresses. Her current net worth is estimated to be almost $150 million.
Answer: Julia Roberts
She learned to write right-handed in order to portray Erin Brockovich.
September 27, 2013........Looking for something we eat......
1. Contrary to popular belief, it is NOT Spanish in origin. It's Arabic in origin.
2. Obviously, you can eat it anytime, but you would probably be more likely to eat it in hotter weather.
3. When it comes to the recipe, there are probably 100 variations.