October 22, 2014......Looking for a disease.......
1. The name of this disease is derived from a Greek word for a color.
2. There are several causes of this disease, but some cases are idiopathic (of unknown cause).
3. It is believed that coffee consumption might help protect against this disease.
The word "Cirrhosis" comes from the Greek word "kirrhos" which means "yellowish".
October 21, 2014.........Looking for an actor........
1. Although this Academy Award-winner began his acting career when he was nine, he really didn't make it big in the movies until he was in his fifties.
2. He's left-handed and Roger Ebert once referred to him as "America's greatest actor".
3. These days, directors who work with him know he has a five-take limit.
Answer: Morgan Freeman
He won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2005 for Million Dollar Baby.
October 20, 2014.......Looking for a singer/songwriter/musician......
1. He is not country and has won a ton of Grammy Awards.
2.You will find him in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriter's Hall of Fame.
3. One of his favorite restaurants is located in Central Park and if you've ever eaten there, you might 've seen his picture on the wall.
Answer: Stevie Wonder
Wonder has recorded more than 30 Top Ten hits and won 22 Grammy Awards (more than any other solo artist).
He has relatives here in our area and when visiting them, he likes to have dinner at Fujiya House.
October 16, 2014........Looking for a singer/songwriter/musician.........
1. This Alabama boy's hair went completely grey when he was in his teens.
2. He taught himself how to play the guitar.
3. At one point, he was a spokesperson for the Ford Motor Company. At around the same time, People Magazine called him the "Hottest Bachelor".
Answer: Taylor Hicks
In June, 2006, Ford Motor Company signed Hicks to promote Ford's "Drive On Us" year-end sales event. During the same year, he was named "Hottest Bachelor" by People Magazine,, appearing on the magazine's cover.
October 10, 2014........Looking for a musical composition.......
1. You might be surprised to learn that this composition was written in mid 1950s.
2. You might be even more surprised to learn that although we heard it in a movie in the early 70s, it was FIRST heard in an episode of The Andy Griffith Show.
3. It was a cross-over on both the pop and country charts, making it to the Top 10 on both, but never made it to #1.
Answer: Dueling Banjos
It was made famous by the 1972 film "Deliverance", but the compostion's first wide-scale airing was on a 1963 TV episode of The Andy Griffith Show called "Brisco Declares For Aunt Bee", in which it was played by visiting musical family The Darlings (played by The Dillards, a bluegrass group).
October 9, 2014..........Looking for a singer/songwriter/musician........
1. He's not country and his heyday was definitely in the 80s.
2. He was among the first guys to make the five o'clock shadow look popular.
3. Although NOT a country performer, a little under 5 years ago, he did do some work with Keith Urban
Answer: Richard Marx
In November, 2010, Marx released his "Stories To Tell" album with songs written with or for other artists including Keith Urban.
October 6, 2014........Looking for a business..........
1. They got their start in Michigan in the late 1950s.
2. Their catch phrase is made up of two words.
3. There are three in Fredericksburg and one in Stafford.
Answer: Little Caesar's
Their catch phrase is "Pizza, Pizza".
October 2, 2014......Lookinhg for an edible product........
1. This edible product has been around since the late 1800s.
2. The name of this product is made up of two words.
Answer: Cracker Jack
Cracker Jack's mascots are Sailor Jack and his dog, Bingo.
September 26, 2014......Looking for a company......
1. This company, which got their start in the early 1900s, is based in Richmond.
2. They currently employ more than 100 people in locations found only here in Virginia.
3. If not for them, we might not know what the weather forecast is on some days.
Answer: Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
..........frequent sponsor of the weather forecast on Thunder 104.5
September 24, 2014.........Looking for a TV personality.......
1. He has stated many times that his idol was Howard Cosell.
2. At one point, he was a spokesperson for Nutrisystem.
3. Although not an actor, he has made appearances in "The Waterboy", "The Longest Yard", "Kingpin", and a Hootie & The Blowfish video.
Answer: Chris Berman
He made a cameo appearance in the 1995 Hootie & The Blowfish video for the single, "Only Wanna Be With You".
August 13, 2014......Looking for a crime.....
1. You're familiar with the crime known as the "world's oldest profession". Well, some people refer to this crime as the "world's SECOND oldest profession".
2. "Shaving" is a term used in connection with this crime.
3. In this country, if you're found guilty of it, you could face up to 15 years in federal prison.
August 11, 2014........Looking for a form of entertainment.....
1. This form of entertainment dates backs to the 13th century.
2. It is a form of entertainment that is seen mainly on the streets.
3. It could be the ultimate in multi-tasking.
Answer: One-Man Band
July 25, 2014.........Looking for a device.........
1. You wouldn't own one of these. When you need one, you borrow it.
2. Generally, in this country, you can borrow one for free. In Europe, you pay to borrow one.
3. They're generally made of plastic or metal and the CDC tells us they are loaded with bacteria.
Answer: Shopping Cart
July 16, 2014.........Looking for a historical event........
1. It occurred in the 60s.
2. It lasted for almost 2 weeks.
3. Many feared that it had the potential to set off World War III.
Answer; The Cuban Missile Crisis
June 26, 2014......Looking for a singer...
1. He's not country and despite the fact that this New Jersey boy hasn't had a hit in decades, he is hugely popular....maybe more so today than he's ever been.
2. His name is mentioned in the movie "Goodfellas".
3. You will find him, along with the other original members of his group in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Answer: Frankie Valli
June 25, 2014.......Looking for a singer/songwriter/actress/TV personality......
1. This Emmy-winner was not born in this country. She's British.
2. By just about everyone's evaluation, she comes from a dysfunctional family.
3. Over the course of the past decade, she's undergone a major make-over.
Answer: Kelly Osbourne
Kelly, along with her family, The Osbournes, won a 2002 Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality Program.
June 23, 2014........Looking for a sports figure.........
1. He was in eighth grade when he made the decision to pursue a professional career in his sport of choice.
2. He is known by a 5-letter nickname.
3. In the late 90s, he had his ownTV talk show. It lasted less than 90 days.
Answer: Earvin "Magic" Johnson
June 20, 2014........Looking for a cable TV show.......
1. It's been on the air for almost 5 years.
2. It is the highest-rated show in the history of the cable network it is shown on.
3.) Some people who make or have made appearances on the show include Carl Reiner, Jennier Love Hewett, Joe Jonas, Huey Lewis, Susan Lucci, Heather Locklear and Jon Lovitz.
Answer: Hot In Cleveland
It premiered on TV Land on June 16, 2010
June 10, 2014.........Looking for a landmark......
1. You will find it in the northwestern part of our country.
2. Originally, it shared a name with our traffic guy.
3. There is some controversy over the name we know it by today. Some say the name is French in origin. Others say it was named after a tribe of Native Americans.
Answer: Grand Teton (the highest mountain in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming)
In 1870, it was originally known as "Mount Hayden".
In 1929, the name was changed to Grand Teton. Some believe they named it "Grand Teton" because that means "large teat" in French. Others say it was named after the Teton Sioux tribe of Native Americans.
June 3, 2014..........Looking for a business.......
1. Despite their theme, the first one opened in the early 90s in the state of Kentucky, where they are still headquartered today.
2. A little under 5 years ago, for the first time, they went international and opened a location in Dubai.
3. We have one here in Fredericksburg.
Answer: Texas Roadhouse
May 19, 2014.......Looking for a comedian/actress........
1. She is probably best known for being a cast member on a very popular comedy shows.
2. Although she hasn't been on that show for several years, she did participate in a reunion special a little under five years ago.
3. She is also an accomplished impressionist capable of doing some hilarious impersonations of Angelina Jolle, Brooke shields, Donatella Versace, Monica Lewinsky, Liza Minnelli and Madonna, to name a few.
Answer: Molly Shannon
She was a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1995 to 2001.
She returned to Saturday Night Live for a special Mother's Day episode on May 8, 2010 and also in October, 2010 for the reunion special "Women Of SNL".
April 23, 2014........Looking for a device.......
1. There seems to be some dispute as to when this device was invented. Some say it was in 1950, but others say it was actually invented in the 1920s.
2. These days, this device is eityher gas or electric powered.
3. If not used properly, this device can cause more harm than good.
Answer: Power Washer (or pressure washer)
The hot-water pressure washer was invented by Alfred Karcher in 1950, but Frank Ofeldt claimed to have invented the steam pressure washer or "high-pressure Jenny" in 1927.
April 9, 2014......Looking for a TV personality......
1. He served in the United States Marine Corp, after which, he made quite a name for himself in the world of stand-up comedy.
2. Before being discovered by Johnny Carson, he worked as a bank teller and was a waiter at a Denny's at one point.
3. Although his weight was a comedic topic throughout his career, it resulted in him undergoing a coronary angioplasty a little over 10 years ago.
Answer: Drew Carey
October 13, 2014......Looking for a classic country song.........
1. It came out in the early 60s.
2. The person who made it a hit is not the original person to record it.
3. For the person who did make it a hit, it was the biggest of his career.
Answer: Ring Of Fire
The song was originally recorded by June Carter's sister, Anita Carter. After hearing Anita's version, Johnny Cash claimed he had a dream in which he heard the song accompanied by "Mexican horns". He told Anita, "I'll give you about five or six months, and if you don't hit with that song, I'm gonna record it the way I feel it". When the song failed to become a major hit for Anita, Cash recorded it his way, adding the mariachi-style horns.
November 19, 2013....Looking for an actress......
1. She's a vegetarian, but she is also a heavy smoker.
2. She's left-handed, but learned to write with her right hand in order to accurately portray one of her most famous roles, which won her an Oscar.
3. At one point, she was one of THEE top-earning actresses. Her current net worth is estimated to be almost $150 million.
Answer: Julia Roberts
She learned to write right-handed in order to portray Erin Brockovich.