November 19, 2014.....Looking for a political figure.......
1. This guy is left even for the left. He supports COMPLETE drug legalization and opposes the death penalty in all cases, even for Saddam Hussein.
2. At one point, he was Mayor of a major city and many believe he drove that city to bankruptcy. He's also tried running for President of the United State more than once.
3. He once used a pie chart as a visual aid. The problem is that he was on a radio show at the time.
Extra Clue: He looks like the Keebler Elf.
Answer: Dennis Kucinich
...former United States Representative from Ohio........once Mayor of Cleveland.
November 17, 2014.............Looking for a singer/songwriter.musician......
1. This Kentucky boy is in the Country Music Hall Of Fame. He was inducted a little over 5 years ago.
2. As a recording artist, he had only one moderate success.
3. However, he has written songs for dozens of country stars including Johnny Cash, George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Waylon Jennings and Alan Jackson.
Answer: Tom T. Hall
He also wrote "Harper Valley PTA".
November 14, 2014.......Looking for a classic TV series.........
1. It ran and was very popular from the mid-70s to the mid-80s.
2. Only 3 cast members appeared in every single episode.
3. Two names: Charo and Jack Jones.
Answer: Love Boat
Gavin MacLeod, Bernie Kopell and Ted Lange are the only cast members to appear in every episode of the series.
The Love Boat theme was sung by Jack Jones. The song was also recorded and released commercially by Charo in 1978.
November 13, 2014.....Looking for an actor
1. Not only is he an actor, but he's also a political figure.
2. You want to know something about a reverse mortgage? Call this guy.
3. For awhile, he dated a well-known country singer.
Answer: Fred Thompson (United States Senator from Tennessee from 1994 to 2003)
He also portrayed Manhatten District Attorney Arthur Branch in the NBC television series "Law & Order".
Hen dated Lorrie Morgan for awhile.
November 12, 2014......Looking for someone who experienced 15 minutes of fame...
1. In his case, the 15 minutes weren't very good, and technically, those 15 minutes stretched out over 30 years.
2. On the plus side, he was a Marine who served in World War II and earned a Silver Star for his service. The good things you can say about this guy probably end there.
3. The actor who portrayed him in a movie in the mid-90s was nominated for an Oscar for doing so.
Answer: Byron De La Beckwith
He was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.
He assassinated civil rights activist Medgar Evers (June 12, 1963).
James Woods was nominated for an Oscar for portraying him in "The Ghosts Of Mississippi.
November 11, 2014.......Looking for an advertising catch-phrase.......
1. It's two words.
2. One of the words is draaaagggged out.
3. The words are spoken by an animated character.
Answer: "They're Greaaaaaaaatt!!"
...spoken by Tony The Tiger.
November 10, 2014......Looking for a political figure........
1. He's tried running for President of the United States at least 3 times.
2. Regarding the position he currently holds, it's the second time in his career he's held this position.
3. Now in his mid 70s, he is the oldest person to ever hold this position.
Answer: Jerry Brown (Governor of California)
November 7, 2014.......Looking for a singer/songwriter/musician.....
1. He has the same name as one of our state capitols. He won an Emmy, multiple Grammys and multiple Country Music Association Awards. Just about all of his hits were cross-overs.
2. He suffered from alcoholism and chronic, severe depression. He was also a certified pilot and owned his own aircraft.
3. To this day, his death is controversial. Although technically listed as an accident, there are those who believe it was suicide.
Answer: John Denver
On October 12, 1997, Denver was killed at the age of 53 when his private plane he was piloting crashed. He had over 2,700 hours of flying experience, yet crashed when his plane ran out of fuel.
November 6, 2014.......Looking for an actress.......
1. She co-starred in a famous TV sitcom during what many people refer to as "the golden age of television".
2.She originally turned down the role because she thought the character was too "frumpy".
3. She absolutely HATED the actor who played her husband and they fought constantly on the set.
Answer: Vivian Vance (Ethel Mertz on "I Love Lucy")
November 5, 2014......Looking for an radio & TV personality....
1. She was a speechwriter for one of our Presidents.
2. She's a breast cancer survivior.
3. She hosts one of the top ten most listened to radio shows in the United States and about 10 years ago, Forbes Magazine named her as one of the top ten radio hosts of the year.
Answer: Laura Ingraham
She was a speechwriter for Ronals Reagan.
Her nationally syndicated talk show, "The Laura Ingraham Show", airs throughout the Unites States.
November 4, 2014.......Looking for a TV personality......
1. Although she does make other appearances, she is predominately a daytime TV personality.
2. She holds a communications degree.
3. She has the same name as a well-known baseball player.
Answer: Robin Roberts
She shares the same name as the Hall of Famer Philadelphia Phillies pitcher, Robin Roberts.
November 3, 2014.......Looking for something you see everyday....
1. It's small. It could fit in your hand.
2. Almost everyone owns at least one of these. Many people probably own more than one
3. Some are rather plain and serve only their original purpose. Some perform extra little functions.
Answer: Key Chain
October 30, 2014..........Looking for a political figure........
1. Aside from his political career, he also has his own radio show.
2. But before politics and radio, he was famous for something else.
3. He has had ongoing feuds with several conservative talk show hosts.
Answer: Al Franken (United States Senator from Minnesota)
Before politics, he was a writer and performer on Saturday Night Live for about 20 years.
He hosts a radio show on "Air America".
October 28, 2014......Looking for an event.......
1. It happens once a week, on the same day and at the same time.
2. Although, technically, it's world-wide, it's mainly of local interest.
3. This event can last minutes, hours, days, in some cases, weeks.
Answer: Denny's Deal Of The Day
October 27, 2014.......Looking for someone in the business world..........
1. The company he founded in the mid-60s is currently headquartered in New York City.
2. You can find his product line at Macy's, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
3. Many of his ads, both print and film, have come under fire. Some have been banned.
Answer: Calvin Klein
August 13, 2014......Looking for a crime.....
1. You're familiar with the crime known as the "world's oldest profession". Well, some people refer to this crime as the "world's SECOND oldest profession".
2. "Shaving" is a term used in connection with this crime.
3. In this country, if you're found guilty of it, you could face up to 15 years in federal prison.
August 11, 2014........Looking for a form of entertainment.....
1. This form of entertainment dates backs to the 13th century.
2. It is a form of entertainment that is seen mainly on the streets.
3. It could be the ultimate in multi-tasking.
Answer: One-Man Band
July 25, 2014.........Looking for a device.........
1. You wouldn't own one of these. When you need one, you borrow it.
2. Generally, in this country, you can borrow one for free. In Europe, you pay to borrow one.
3. They're generally made of plastic or metal and the CDC tells us they are loaded with bacteria.
Answer: Shopping Cart
July 16, 2014.........Looking for a historical event........
1. It occurred in the 60s.
2. It lasted for almost 2 weeks.
3. Many feared that it had the potential to set off World War III.
Answer; The Cuban Missile Crisis
June 26, 2014......Looking for a singer...
1. He's not country and despite the fact that this New Jersey boy hasn't had a hit in decades, he is hugely popular....maybe more so today than he's ever been.
2. His name is mentioned in the movie "Goodfellas".
3. You will find him, along with the other original members of his group in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Answer: Frankie Valli
June 25, 2014.......Looking for a singer/songwriter/actress/TV personality......
1. This Emmy-winner was not born in this country. She's British.
2. By just about everyone's evaluation, she comes from a dysfunctional family.
3. Over the course of the past decade, she's undergone a major make-over.
Answer: Kelly Osbourne
Kelly, along with her family, The Osbournes, won a 2002 Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality Program.
June 23, 2014........Looking for a sports figure.........
1. He was in eighth grade when he made the decision to pursue a professional career in his sport of choice.
2. He is known by a 5-letter nickname.
3. In the late 90s, he had his ownTV talk show. It lasted less than 90 days.
Answer: Earvin "Magic" Johnson
June 20, 2014........Looking for a cable TV show.......
1. It's been on the air for almost 5 years.
2. It is the highest-rated show in the history of the cable network it is shown on.
3.) Some people who make or have made appearances on the show include Carl Reiner, Jennier Love Hewett, Joe Jonas, Huey Lewis, Susan Lucci, Heather Locklear and Jon Lovitz.
Answer: Hot In Cleveland
It premiered on TV Land on June 16, 2010
June 10, 2014.........Looking for a landmark......
1. You will find it in the northwestern part of our country.
2. Originally, it shared a name with our traffic guy.
3. There is some controversy over the name we know it by today. Some say the name is French in origin. Others say it was named after a tribe of Native Americans.
Answer: Grand Teton (the highest mountain in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming)
In 1870, it was originally known as "Mount Hayden".
In 1929, the name was changed to Grand Teton. Some believe they named it "Grand Teton" because that means "large teat" in French. Others say it was named after the Teton Sioux tribe of Native Americans.
June 3, 2014..........Looking for a business.......
1. Despite their theme, the first one opened in the early 90s in the state of Kentucky, where they are still headquartered today.
2. A little under 5 years ago, for the first time, they went international and opened a location in Dubai.
3. We have one here in Fredericksburg.
Answer: Texas Roadhouse
May 19, 2014.......Looking for a comedian/actress........
1. She is probably best known for being a cast member on a very popular comedy shows.
2. Although she hasn't been on that show for several years, she did participate in a reunion special a little under five years ago.
3. She is also an accomplished impressionist capable of doing some hilarious impersonations of Angelina Jolle, Brooke shields, Donatella Versace, Monica Lewinsky, Liza Minnelli and Madonna, to name a few.
Answer: Molly Shannon
She was a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1995 to 2001.
She returned to Saturday Night Live for a special Mother's Day episode on May 8, 2010 and also in October, 2010 for the reunion special "Women Of SNL".
April 23, 2014........Looking for a device.......
1. There seems to be some dispute as to when this device was invented. Some say it was in 1950, but others say it was actually invented in the 1920s.
2. These days, this device is eityher gas or electric powered.
3. If not used properly, this device can cause more harm than good.
Answer: Power Washer (or pressure washer)
The hot-water pressure washer was invented by Alfred Karcher in 1950, but Frank Ofeldt claimed to have invented the steam pressure washer or "high-pressure Jenny" in 1927.
April 9, 2014......Looking for a TV personality......
1. He served in the United States Marine Corp, after which, he made quite a name for himself in the world of stand-up comedy.
2. Before being discovered by Johnny Carson, he worked as a bank teller and was a waiter at a Denny's at one point.
3. Although his weight was a comedic topic throughout his career, it resulted in him undergoing a coronary angioplasty a little over 10 years ago.
Answer: Drew Carey
October 13, 2014......Looking for a classic country song.........
1. It came out in the early 60s.
2. The person who made it a hit is not the original person to record it.
3. For the person who did make it a hit, it was the biggest of his career.
Answer: Ring Of Fire
The song was originally recorded by June Carter's sister, Anita Carter. After hearing Anita's version, Johnny Cash claimed he had a dream in which he heard the song accompanied by "Mexican horns". He told Anita, "I'll give you about five or six months, and if you don't hit with that song, I'm gonna record it the way I feel it". When the song failed to become a major hit for Anita, Cash recorded it his way, adding the mariachi-style horns.