May 23rd, 2013......Looking for a city.....
1. A very famous country music radio program in the 1950s originated in this city.
2. The "Holiday In Dixie" festival takes place every spring in this city.
3. A very well-known country singer whose real first name is Leon was born in this city.
Answer: Shreveport, Louisiana
Shreveport was home to The Louisiana Hayride radio program, broadcast weekly from the Shreveport Municipal Auditorium.
Leon Eric Brooks, better known as Kix Brooks, was born in Shreveport in 1955.
May 22nd, 2013.....looking for a job description....
1. The origins of this job go back to Naples, Italy in the 1800s.
2. Super Bowl Sunday is the busiest day of the year for people who work at this job.
3. There is a certain amount of risk involved with this job, and over the years, people who work at it have been subjected to assault, kidnappings, robbery and have even sometimes been raped or robbed on the job.
Answer: Pizza Delivery Person
May 21st, 2013.......Looking for someone who had their 15 minutes of fame......
1. His entire middle name was one letter.
2. He was very theatrical even though he was not in show business.
3. He was best known for his involvement in a major news story which took place in the mid-90s.
Answer: Johnnie Cochran
His entire middle name was "L".
May 20th, 2013......Looking for a food......
1. The name for this food comes from the city in Germany where it originated.
2. No one seems EXACTLY sure what this food is made of.
3. An American Institute for Cancer Research report found that consuming one of these everyday increases your risk of colorectal cancer by 20%.
Answer: Hot Dog (or frankfurter)
The work "frankfurter" comes from Frankfurt, Germany, where pork sausages similar to hot dogs originated.
May 17th, 2013.........Looking for something you'd find around the house........
1. It would be in the kitchen.
2. It is typically made of aluminum or stainless steel.
3. We found out about a month ago that it can have a dark side.
Answer: Pressure Cooker
The Boston Bombers used pressure cookers as bombs.
May 16th, 2013.....Looking for someone who was INdirectly involved in politics..
1. Before meeting and marrying her famous husband, she worked as a pharmacy manager, a typist, an x-ray technician, a retail clerk and an extra in movies.
2. She was a size 10.
3. A heavy smoker most of her adult life, she never allowed herself to be seen with a cigarette in public. She died of lung cancer in New Jersey at the age if 81.
Answer: Pat Nixon (wife of Richard Nixon, 37th President of the United States)
May 15th, 2013......Looking for a TV show......
1. On and off (mainly on), it's been on the air since the mid-1950s.
2. Over the years, 6 different people have hosted the show.
3. It started off on NBC, later switched to ABC. It is currently on CBS.
Answer: The Price Is Right
The original host was Bill Cullen. Other hosts included Dennis James, Tom Kennedy, Doug Davidson, Bob Barker and Drew Carey.
May 14th, 2013.....Looking for a game....
1. It actually dates back to the Roman Empire.
2. It's a pretty quick game. It usually takes less than 30 seconds to play.
3. There are variations of this game available including a larger version played with bean bags.
Toss-Across is a Tic-Tac-Toe game where players throw bean bags at a large board to mark squares.
May 13th, 2013.......Looking for a medical condition.......
1. It affects about 25% of the population in varying degrees.
2. Records mentioning this condition have been discovered dating back to 1550 B.C. At that time, wine and herbs were recommended as a way of solving the problem.
3. If you have this condition, YOU might not even be aware of it because self-diagnosis is very difficult, but oddly, you would be able to tell if SOMEONE ELSE has it.
Answer: Halitosis (chronic bad breath)
May 10th, 2013..........Looking for a singer/songwriter........
1. He started out as part of a group, but then went off on his own.
2. He's NOT country. In fact, he's is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
3. He was once a guest judge on "American Idol".
He started out as lead singer of The Miracles.
May 9th, 2013.....Looking for something you'd find around the house.........
1. You would most likely find these INSIDE the house, but you might find them outside the house as well.
2. They are available in various lengths.
3. Some are plastic, but most are metal.
May 8th, 2013......Looking for something we eat.......
1. Americans generally serve it as an appetizer or side dish. In Asian-style cooking, if it's used, it's usually part of the entree.
2. China, in fact, is the world's largest producer of this food.
3. Many German cities hold annual festivals celebrating the harvest of the white version of this food.
May 7th, 2013.........Looking for a city.....
1. A popular soft drink was invented in this southwestern city.
2. The city is named after a Native-American group who lived on the land where this city is now located.
3. They have a country radio station. It is the ONLY radio station whose call letters spell out the name of the city it is located in.
Answer: Waco, Texas
A Native-American group known as the "Waco" lived on the land of present-day downtown Waco.
WACO-FM is the only radio station whose call letters spell out the name of the city it is located in.
Waco is also the location of the famous Dr. Pepper Museum. Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco.
May 6th, 2013......Looking for a country.......
1. The entire country is an island.
2. If you like nutmeg, you'll LOVE this country.
3. Their official language is English, but about 20% of the population speaks French Creole.
Granada is the world's second-largest producer of nutmeg (behind Indonesia)
May 3rd, 2013.........Looking for a city.....
1. At one point, this city was selected to host the Winter Olympics, but voters struck down ballot initiatives allocating public funds to pay for the high costs of the games.
2. It's airport is among the 10 busiest in the world.
3. In the 60s and 70s, it was a mecca for folk singers.
Answer: Denver, Colorado
Denver was selected in 1970 to host the 1976 Winter Olympics, but Colorado voters struck down initiatives allocating public funds to pay for the high costs of the games, which were subsequently moved to Innsbruck, Austria.
May 2nd, 2013........Looking for a retailer.......
1. They got their start in Phoenix, Arizona in the mid-1980s.
2. Some would find this store to be a "Grrrrreat Choice"!
3. They currently have close to 1,200 locations. There are 3 in Fredericksburg, 1 in Stafford and 1 in Aquia.
"Grrrrreat Choice" is PetSmart's grocery-level cat food, a PetSmart exclusive.
May 1st, 2013.......Looking for a profession..........
1. It's a not a profession that gets alot of respect. In fact, most people probably see it as a very shaky business.
2. In some cities, it's against the law.
3. In some Islamic countries, it's punishable by death.
April 30th, 2013........Looking for an actress.......
1. This Academy Award-winning actress' dad was equally famous.
2. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) once named her their Person of the Year.
3. For several years, she had an on-again, off-again relationship with actor Jack Nicholson.
Answer: Anjelica Huston
Her father was director John Huston.
She was PETA's 2012 Person of the Year.
April 29th, 2013.........Looking For A City......
1. It is in one of the Mid-Atlantic states.
2. Historically, it is a politically liberal city. They voted for Barack OH-bama 72% - 27% over John McCain in the 2008 presidential election.
3. A popular food magazine refers to this city as "America's Foodiest Small Town".
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Chapel Hill was hailed as "America's Foodiest Small Town" by Bon Appett Magazine.
April 8th, 2013.........Looking for a book.......
1. This book was first published in the mid-1950s.
2. It is in The Guinness Book of World Records as the best-selling copyrighted book series of all time.
3. It is also one of the most frequently stolen books from public libraries in the United States.
Answer: The Guinness Book of World Records