SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah beauty pageant winner charged last week with tossing homemade "bottle bombs" from a vehicle said she is relinquishing her crown.
Kendra McKenzie Gill, 18, called the Aug. 2 incident a "stupid mistake" and said she wanted to turn over her Miss Riverton title before pageant officials stripped her of it
Gill and three friends — John Patrick Reagh, Shanna Marie Smith and Bryce Christopher Stone, all 18 — were charged Friday with four felony counts of possession of an explosive device. They're accused of driving around town and throwing homemade bombs.
She's a beauty pageant babe, so I'm guessing nobody was suspicious when she was out shopping for duct tape, silcone and cotton.
Gill topped a slate of nine beauty contestants in June in the Salt Lake City suburb, showing off years of piano training with a Scott Joplin number and taking home a $2,000 scholarship.
Contestants in the pageant — which is a preliminary of the Miss Utah and Miss America competitions — are required to sign a contract certifying they have not been convicted of a crime and don't have criminal charges pending against them. Pageant officials can revoke a title if a contestant is criminally charged during her reign.
The bad news for her: She is no longer eligible to compete in the upcoming Miss Utah pageant. The good news for her: She IS now eligible to compete in the next Miss Baghdad Pageant.
Photo Courtesy: New York Daily News